MK4 Golf/Jetta Diesel (ALH) "De-Power" Steering Conversion
The MK4 depower kit is available in synthetic rubber AN racing hose with choice of a stainless or black nylon braided cover. The kit uses high quality black anodized aluminum AN hose end fittings, and EAA custom built aluminum AN adapters. By joining the power steering rack pressure and return ports together, your MK4 ZF rack is changed to manual operation!
Here are some benefits of doing the conversion:
- Performance: horsepower is freed up by eliminating the parasitic drag the power steering pump has on the engine
- Fuel Economy: by eliminating the power steering pump you will increase highway fuel economy. The pump wastes energy during highway driving, continually circulating fluid when the rack doesn’t even require it to assist the driver.
- Simplify: reduce the number of components in your engine bay. It will have a simpler and cleaner look
- Save money: if there is a problem with the power steering system, repairs are often extremely costly, especially for the rack and pinion. This is a much less expensive alternative!
We now have kits for the MK4 ALH diesel motors to delete either PS only or PS & AC (there is no kit to delete AC only). PS & AC removal kit requires removal of stock idler roller. Includes recirculation line shown above.
This kit includes everything you will need to delete your power steering pump, lines and reservoir, and convert your power rack into a manual mode of operation:
- Stainless or nylon braided bypass line
- NEW custom knurled ‘easyfit’ adapters (no tools required!)
- High quality belt